Armite High Temp Anti-Seize, 1 LB Plain Top Can, Commercial Grade (LP-250)
Armite LP-250 Commercial Grade High Temp Anti-Seize, 1 LB Plain Top Can
LP-250 is a sealing compound that prevents seizing or galling at temperatures ranging from -350°F to 2987°F (-212°C to 1641°C). This compound consists of pure lead powder suspended in a non-volatile hydrocarbon vehicle and does not dry out, even when exposed to the atmosphere. Because lead is one of the least reactive of the metallic elements, the compound is highly non-contaminative and is impervious to the effects of salt, water, steam, oils, ammonia and hydrocarbons. LP-250 is only prohibited from use with pure oxygen and Freon gases.
- Anti-Corrosion Quality – LP-250 not only has a high corrosion resistance, it also prevents oxidation and corrosion in the materials to which it is applied. This quality makes it a standard for all-around use in chemical plants and refineries.
- Anti-Seize and High Temperature Qualities – The compound remains as an effective anti-seize compound, even to the fusing or melting point of the surrounding metals. The hydrocarbon vehicle melts away between 600° to 700° leaving only the pure lead, which becomes liquid at about the same temperature. On cooling, the lead solidifies as a fine metallic ash and still retains its lubricating and sealing qualities. Recommended uses include steam and gas turbines, refinery units, boilers, railroads and aircraft.
- Low Temperature Use – The compound forms an effective seal for equipment handling liquid nitrogen at -350°F (212°C). It is recommended for pipe sealing applications at temperatures to -100°F (37°C).
- High Pressure Applications – Increasing pressure causes lead particles to pack more closely, strengthening the seal. LP-250 has been tested up to 100,000 PSI hydraulic fluid lines. The use of gaskets and filler compound (LP-250F) may be required if fitting tolerances are too liberal or if the high pressure fitting threads are coarse.
- Anti-Seize (Metal to Metal) – LP-250 prevents a corrosion weld between metal to metal surfaces. This feature is important for maintenance of heavy industrial equipment.
- Anti-Galling or Anti-Freezing – The compound forms a thin, pure-lead coat on metal while filling all voids and smoothing the surface. Friction is greatly reduced and less torque is needed for assembly and disassembly. Because the joined metals are isolated from moisture and oxygen, deterioration by galvanic action is impossible. In the same manner hydrogen embrittlement is prevented.
- Lubricating Qualities – LP-250 is valuable as a lubricant in many tapping, machining, and metal-forming jobs. It is not recommended as a bearing lubricant except for very loose journal bearings, as LP-250’s plating action will freeze close-tolerance bearings.
- ANTI-GALLING AND ANTI-FREEZING
- IDEAL FOR HIGH AND LOW TEMPERATURE APPLICATIONS
- IDEAL FOR HIGH AND LOW PRESSURE APPLICATIONS
- SEALS AND LUBRICATES
2.75 oz. tube
1 lb. plain top can
1 lb. brush top can
5 lb. can
50 lb. pail
Color: Dark grey
Physical State: Semi-solid paste
NLGI Grade: 2-4 approx.
Specific Gravity: 1.93
Flash Point: 404°F (206°C)
Additive type: Mineralized Lead
Service Range: -350°F to 2987°F (-212°C to 1641°C)